I host both Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve at my place for our tiny family. After the big November meal, my husband requested more of a cocktail-party setup for December. We still served ourselves buffet-style for ease. If you need a festive spread for NYE or any other time, may this generous little spread help you with inspiration.
- Kir Royale
- spiced Assam tea Toddy (substituting grade A dark/robust maple syrup for honey)
- for non-alcoholic, spiced tea with hot soy milk and a little extra maple
The munchies menu:
- fresh grapes
- pear chips (pear slices pressed in sugar and baked at low temp for a couple hours)
- rosemary mixed nuts
- spiced oat cookies with espresso glaze
- toasted french bread slices and whole-grain crackers
- smoky almond pâté
- veg cream cheese (Kite Hill recommended) with dill and capers
- ginger fig jam (store bought)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- coconut bacon
Happy entertaining! Here's to the days getting longer and the table being full. Happy New Year's to you all, and thanks so much for hanging with me in this totally bananas year. Onward!